The Internet is a great resource – it can educate, help you make money, or just entertain for a while. However, it’s not as safe as we would like it to be. There are many websites and apps that are not suitable for all ages and some may cause actual harm. Social interactions can also be dangerous if you don’t know who is on the other side. This problem becomes even worse when it comes to mobile phones which offer more privacy and ways for children to contact strangers.
An adult should be able to deal with these dangers, but what about a child? This is where parental control apps come into play. These are programs that monitor web usage and prevent children from entering unwanted areas of the Internet.
Our Recommended Solution
We recommend using one of the following parental control apps. They are all great and will protect your children:
More Benefits of Parental Control Apps
- It can monitor screen time – you can block internet use and computer use entirely or limit its time.
- See where your child is – tracking features show you where the child is and alert when he or she is out of safety.
- Get alerts for bad websites – children can’t always tell right from wrong, and this software helps you do it.
- Just be in control – know where your child is browsing to make sure he or she is safe.
There are many great options for parental control apps, but here at Best PC Security we recommend to combine them with a security suite. These work for PCs, Android, and iOS devices, so you can protect everyone. The two best options are:
- Qustodio – the world’s most popular parental control software and app.
- Norton Family Premier by Symantec – a very powerful tool from the Norton family.
- Bitdefender Family Pack – Bitdefender’s valuable program which helps you protect the computer and your children.
Both of these are great choices, so whichever you choose, it’s a good choice.