It’s not just businesses that need password managers anymore. This type of tool is becoming more and more popular for everyday PC users. No matter why you need password vault software for, you can expect a lot of benefits from using one. This software helps users store and manage all passwords and login info, addresses, phone numbers, and other important data that needs to be safe and encrypted.
You can also use such software as a “digital wallet”. Some of the premium programs will store records such as receipts and credit cards in addition to login credentials. You’ll no longer have to write down details on a sticky note or leave copies of receipts in an unsecured web document. These details will be locked away and encrypted in an extremely safe digital vault to prevent anyone else from accessing them.
How can you choose the right password / document vault software?
Here are a few tips to help you with your selection:
• Consider reputation. You don’t want to wind up with a password manager that has a lot of negative feedback. Read reviews on various companies that offer this type of tool and see which ones users tend to rate highly.
• Platform support and syncing are also important to look into. You’ll want your passwords to always be available on any device that you use, just as long as you go through the authentication process. The details should all be imported across devices and platforms. While you’re at it, make sure the password vault software you choose integrates with your preferred browser, whether it’s Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge / IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.
More Tips for Choosing a Password Vault Software
• There should be an ability to save new and changed passwords. And when you have to create a new password, the right program will offer to help you generate one that nobody will be able to hack. You should never have to open up the vault software and update or create passwords manually into the database.
• It’s a good idea to use a program that is easy to use. All of the tasks you want to do should be easy and straightforward. Some programs offer the option to create separate “wallets” and to label them. Each “wallet” will be a unique database. This will help keep things organized if you want to keep personal passwords separate from business passwords, or if you want to use the same program with your spouse or business partner, but wish to keep your profiles separate.
• The amount of security and privacy you can expect with the right password vault software is essential. How is your information stored? Is military-grade encryption used? Is there a multi-process authentication process? Can you access all of your passwords with your fingerprint on mobile devices?
Now that you know what to look for with password vault software, you should consider a program like Bitdefender 2019. If you already have the Total Security suite, the password manager feature is included. Bitdefender is one of the biggest names in cyber security, so you can trust that their password management software is excellent.