Any type of virus / malware is programmed to destroy files and cause damage to a PC. It can also lead to your personal information getting stolen. Everybody who has ever owned a computer knows that protection from viruses is essential. There are a number of companies that offer an antivirus for home computer, but not all of them are great, and some of them are downright annoying with popups and add-ons.
If you suspect that you might have a virus, then you should probably invest in a better antivirus program. Don’t assume that the free firewall that comes with Windows 10 is enough protection – viruses can still get through.
A few signs that a PC is infected with a virus include:
• The computer is suddenly running a lot slower than usual
• Disk drives are inaccessible
• Applications aren’t working right
• Unusual “error” messages pop up, or are displayed when they shouldn’t be
• Menus and dialog boxes are distorted
• Antivirus / anti-malware applications are disabled and cannot be restarted
• The computer locks up frequently
• It either restarts on its own or crashes unexpectedly and then restarts
• Despite having sufficient RAM, “out of memory” error messages start appearing
• Folders become hidden
• You have trouble bringing up the Windows Task Manager
Another Sure Sign You Need an Antivirus for Home Computer
Essentially, the less control you have over your own PC and daily operations, including the simplest of tasks, the more likely it is that the computer is infected.
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to install a new antivirus if the virus is highly sophisticated. If you have trouble installing a program to remove it, then you’ll have to eradicate it from a boot device. One solution is to install the anti-virus program with a USB drive. Try doing this in safe mode so that no other malware or software will interfere with the antivirus.
You won’t ever have to worry about getting a virus again if you take the time to learn how to avoid them, and by using the Pro or Plus version of antivirus software. A “free” antivirus for home computer is not enough. It’s better to pay for that extra protection, even if you don’t need it, than to pay for the repair cost or replacement cost should your computer become infected from a virus that your free / cheap program failed to prevent.
The good news is that a Pro / Plus antivirus for home computer doesn’t have to be expensive – especially if you take advantage of discount offers. Avast coupons, for instance, might be available to help you get a good deal on its Internet Security suite. Avast is one of the most trusted names in cyber security and technology. Use the free trial to decide if it’s the right program for you.