There are always going to be “free” antivirus programs for home users, but they are all lacking. The free versions also come with bloatware that nobody wants, including ads or browser add-ons. If you want the best home PC security possible, it’s good to go with a “Pro” version of a security suite. Literally everything you can do online these days can potentially lead to a virus or hacking attempt. You’ll need protection from it all.
What do the best suites offer? A few things to consider include:
• Easy to use interface. Whether you’re an amateur or a pro when it comes to PC security, you should find the program easy to use. The ideal interface is simple enough for beginners to understand, yet offer flexibility and extensive features that allow more experienced users to have more control.
• Award winning security, which includes extremely high detection rates. Just read reviews and ratings on various programs. The best home PC security suite will have as close to a 100% detection rate as possible.
• Safe shopping features are a must. Everybody wants to pay their bills online and do shopping in peace, without having worry about potential thieves. Cybercriminals are really getting out of hand these days. While bank websites and online retailers do offer encryption and security, it might not always be enough. What if there is a major hack at your favorite online store? It’s always a good idea to have extra protection.
More Tips for the Best Home PC Security
• Good, smooth performance. You want your PC to perform like it’s supposed to, even if you have a powerful antivirus program running in the background. This is exactly what the best security suites offer. They should work “behind the scenes” without causing any lagging or other performance issues.
• Automatic updates. Nobody likes having to keep manually updating antivirus programs since they have to literally be updated every single day. It can become a hassle after awhile to get your security program to stay up-to-date against all of the new and emerging cyber threats and keep up with tons of new virus definitions. Make sure the program you select is capable of updating itself automatically (in the background).
Additional features you might want to consider include a password manager, VPN service, third party firewall, and parental controls.
What is the best home PC security suite that offers all of these things – and more? Take a look at Kaspersky Internet Security. Discounts might even be available for certain offers. The pricing depends on how many devices and PCs you need protection for and whether you want a 1, 2, or 3 year subscription.